Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 14 – Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

16 Day Blog Challenge. 

Day 14 – I wish I hadn't gotten myself into a ton of debt from college. I wish I would have applied to a million scholarships and found a way to go to college for free. I hate that I used Sallie Mae also, biggest scammers around. They are like the mafia or insane loan sharks...something. I make sure to tell everyone I know not to use them or ever consider letting someone use them. Horrible customer service. Even when you want to try to work something reasonable out they aren't interested. 
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

3 comments:

Adelle said...

Really? I'm in love with Sallie Mae right now. Weird, but I have found them very reasonable with my law school loans. I didn't have undergrad loans from Albion, thankfully. Undergrad for free - woot! But I've had good customer experiences from Sallie Mae, so far, at least. Crossing my fingers that the experience continues. :) xoxo - Happy New Year!

Literate Barfly said...

A lot of people don't realize that usury laws--i.e. laws that limit what lenders may charge and what means they may use to recover debts--don't apply to student loans. Student loan debt isn't even dischargebale in bankruptcy cases! Not unless the borrower is so sick and/or delibiltated he or she literally cannot work. Students loans are just a legalized racket.

Unknown said...

Adelle- Sallie Mae is great if you can afford huge payments. When you call to try to make things easier especially when you're not working they aren't interested. I've had absolutely horrible experiences with them. Not only that but I can never get anyone I can clearly understand so its like talking to myself :( Very frustrating.

Literate-Student Loans are HELL! Sallie Mae is all about doing whatever they can to make it tougher. I have even tried to work stuff out and they give me payments just about impossible while I'm unemployed. Because I used my deferment during internships and while I wasn't working before I'm left screwed.

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin