Saturday, December 18, 2010

16 Day Blog Challange (Day One)

16 Day Blog Challenge. Tune in to learn about The Savvy Brunette over the next 16 days. I hope this will give me the motivation I need to get blogging more frequently.

Day 01 – Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 – Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 – Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 – Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 – Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 – Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 – Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 – Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 – Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs.
Day 10 – Have you ever thought about giving up on life?
Day 11 – What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 12 – The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 13 – A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days.
Day 14 – Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 15 – A letter to yourself, tell yourself ANYTHING you think you should know about your life.
Day 16 – What is in your bag? 


Day 01 - I'm a "perfectionist" which has proven to hurt more than help sometimes. Sometimes when I see a challenge or something new and I'm unsure of how I'll do I might just not do it. Either that or it takes me a lot of time to get the courage up to do something I may fail at. I hate that I can't just live life and try everything without letting fear slow me down. Take every opportunity for what it is. I'm not perfect and it's never going to happen. I want to stop letting my fears stop me from experiencing life. I think it's holding me back. 
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

Tara said...

This is such a good idea, I may steal this at some point in time in the near future...

also, I'm totally a perfectionist in the same way. I'm afraid of doing everything because I'm worried it won't turn out the way I want it to, and it drives me crazy. I almost gave up on coming to Korea shortly before I left because things weren't going the way they were supposed to in terms of getting everything planned out. Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and just do it! It's what I did, I had to throw all of my fears aside and accept that not everything is going to go according to plan when you're moving across the world, and it was the greatest move I ever made.

Unknown said...

You should totally do it. It's interesting to share personal things. My blog has completely opened me up.

I'm so glad you made the trip and didn't let your hesitation hold you back. Too often I have let it hold me back I think. One of my goals is to leave caution alone when its not necessary. Thank you for sharing your story, I'm glad to see it working out so well for someone. It definitely motivates me :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea! My average is 1-2 x per week, and I'm also a perfectionist so the idea of a daily for me is a not only frightening, but I have a full-time job I actually do have work to do! PLus, I love READING blogs too, and I need to be a good fan to my bloggie friends.

On that note, I'm looking forward to reading the 16 days worth of passages!

Unknown said...

Stephanie...thanks for reading!! I love reading your blog I can't wait till you try the 16 days. Its definitely a challenge. I like being pushed to post more.

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin