Sunday, January 3, 2010

Best of 2009


What was your best trip in 2009?
I didn't do any real vacations this year except going home to Ohio, so really each time I went home it was a great time. In May I got to go home and watch my little sister graduate high school, in November I got to see her in her new school element and in December I got to really enjoy the whole family and the real meaning of Christmas which to me is making others smile. 

Share the best restaurant experience you had this year.
My birthday dinner at Cafe Iberrico. I shared my birthday experience with my friend Ryan, we had a shared birthday party which was awesome. A group of 8 of our friends came along and we got wonderfully delicious food. Cafe Iberrico is Spanish Tapas so everyone orders plates and they get passed around. I am so craving the octopus and garlic potatoes from that night!!! 

What book - fiction or non - touched you? 
My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King this is an amazing true story written by a former Latin King that took place here in Chicago. I'm currently reading the second book. It's just amazing to me that some of this stuff happens just as we all go on in our regular daily lives. It's sad that so much can be overlooked just because it doesn't have to do with us.   

Something that made you grow this year. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?
Work, it's constantly a challenge, more so in patience and understanding. Having to step back and not take things so personally or over work myself has been a huge challenge. I put my hand in too much, and while doing well at it all, it just causes me to get taken advantage of and for 2010 I'm over it. It's hard to make things great when talking hand puppets lead the pack.   

What's rocking your world?
My Blackberry 9700, I'm sure a phone fanatic.  

New food.
Spanish Tapas, I'm a huge fan now that I had all the best things at Cafe Iberrico, I really enjoy trying new things and everything hit the spot.  

Tea of the year. 
Sangria tea at Argo Tea 

Word or phrase. A word that encapsulates your year. "2009 was _____."
"2009 was the year of the douche bag" I said that a million too many times lol!! 

Shop. Online or offline, where did you spend most of your mad money this year? 
In stores! Although my money wasn't very mad this year lol it was very short.  

New person. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?
My grandmother, she's an amazing person. She's been there when I needed to talk. Unfortunately she's had to be there when my cars having issues and I have no moolah, but my grandparents are everything they are amazing people and they are my unsung heros of always!! 

Project. What did you start this year that you're proud of?
Started taking care of my financial issues, figuring out what was next. Just in general I did a lot of growing up and figuring out what was next. Still have tons more to do, but I feel like a foot is in the door for my future.

Learning experience. What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?
You can't expect everyone to work as hard as you. Not everyone will have the same work ethic as I do. I still don't necessarily accept it or fully understand it, but now I know it 

Gift. What's a gift you gave yourself this year that has kept on giving?
My blackberry, it keeps my head on straight!! It also keeps me in touch with everyone, and in the know. 

Insight or aha! moment. What was your epiphany of the year?
Time to be happy, and live life for me. I don't need anyone to make it happy. In fact other people do more to make it harder then to make it easy. Depend on myself and my family. Meet new people and be open to new friendships. I've always been pretty closed off and I decided that I need to open up 

Social web moment.  Did you discover Twitter?
I discovered twitter, and I also discovered that I hated it about a month later lol!! 

Resolution you wish you'd stuck with. (You know, there's always next year...)
Getting my ass in shape. 2010 + WAC....here I come so I can go to Miami and Mexico this year!!
                              Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

                              No comments:

                              Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin