Friday, January 24, 2014

Stuffed Peppers by Non-Chef Nycole

In an effort to stop ordering out so often I decided to make stuffed peppers tonight. Just like any time I cook, I take a picture for proof that I actually cooked. To my surprise, friends on Facebook, actually wanted to know how I did it. I figured, why not use this opportunity to make another blog post!  I'll be honest, sometimes (a lot) I'm way too lazy to actually follow a recipe so I just make things up on my own.So here we go kids. Learn how to cook like a woman who barely cooks, but can rock it out when I actually do!
Stuffed Peppers (The easy way by a non-chef)

What do you need?
  • 4-6 green peppers 
  • 1 lb of ground turkey meat (or ground beef)
  • Diced tomatoes w/ light sauce OR for those who love sauce just go with a tomato sauce. I didn't want a saucy meal.
  • 1/2 cup of cooked rice. 
  • salt, garlic, oregano and whatever other seasoning you like :)
  • Shredded cheese
Ok...you've got the ingredients. NOW WHAT?!
  1. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees.
  2. Cook your rice and ground meat.
  3. Cut the tops off the peppers and clean the inside out. Put the peppers in a pan to await their filling.
  4. Once the ground meat is ready, drain it. Then put your cooked rice and diced tomatoes or tomato sauce in the pan. 
  5. Add your seasonings. I used light salt, garlic and oregano. 
  6. Give it a stir, make sure it tastes good.
  7. Take the filling and stuff your peppers...get it...that is why it's called stuffed peppers :)
  8. Bake your stuffed peppers for about 40-50 minutes or until green peppers are soft. 
  9. Before you are completely done toss some shredded cheese on top and pop it back in for a final 5 minutes
  10. EAT IT! (duh)
This just goes to show that anyone can cook. These were super simple and really good. Extremely filling too. I got through 3/4 of a big one and I'm switching to stretchy pants.

Not gonna lie, this would have been WAY better with Malbec. Major rookie mistake. How did I not have any wine to drink while I cooked?

Happy Friday Kids!

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin