Friday, January 7, 2011

Facebook is a lot, but what it's not is....

It's not a place to reconnect with people you didn't want to be friends with in the first place. Ugh.. So I'm getting old which means it is my ten year high school anniversary this year. I'm fine with my age but have zero interest in going back to my high school to see what people are doing. I talk to very few people from high school and I do it that way on purpose. As of late there was a Facebook page created to promote the the planning of the reunion. Well now all of a sudden people from high school are trying to add me as a friend. As I mentioned I am not on Facebook to reconnect with people I never chose to connect with in the first place. I have been using the ignore button quite frequently when getting those types of requests. I refuse to feel bad about it. I put a lot of personal pictures and information on Facebook, and have zero interest in randoms seeing it.

Another thing Facebook is not for.....spam and random dating emails. Leave me be!! I do not appreciate random emails from men telling me how wonderful I am when they know nothing about me. I mean granted I am wonderful but they don't know that for sure lol.

Rule of the day: If I don't know you, consider you a friend, or invite you myself LEAVE MY FACEBOOK ALONE :) You can follow me on Twitter that is for all to see though. Or even better follow my blog, I love when people do that!!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

nico101 said...

Don't feel bad. You aren't the only one. In fact, my husband gets so mad at me when I ignore people that add me on Facebook. But guess what? Once I add people, they never talk to me or try to reconnect! I just feel like people are so frickin' nosy! I'm actually in the middle of purging my Facebook friend list right now. P.S. Can you check out my blog, you might like it. www.citysex102.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nico- I love doing a purge every so often to FB and my phone book actually. You're 100% right that people just try to add you and then never say anything. So they're just trying to be nosey. Granted I love to be nosey but am not inviting that into my life lol.

Checked out your blog. I love it. I'm not following with Google Connect.

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin