Monday, July 12, 2010

Nycole's Baked Mac & Cheese

I've decided it is about time that I get my cooking game up so eventually I can get married and not be a Peggy Bundy! I absolutely love baked mac and cheese so I watched you tube videos all day and none of the recipes completely grabbed me so I just took pieces from like 5 different ones and I did this on my own. It was really good. Next time I'd for sure use just a tad less sharp cheddar just cause its not my fave. I'd use another white cheese.
Here's how I did it! Please let me know if you try it. I'd love to know how it turns out!! Good Luck! 





INGREDIENTS
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 2 cups milk 
  • 1 tbsp salt (put a little more when I was tasting)
  • 2 eggs
  • a little garlic 
  • TONS OF CHEESE lol (like 3-4 bags of your choice of cheese) 
  • 2 cups of cooked elbow noodles

DIRECTIONS
  1. Make a rue (the base to make the cheese sause work). Put your butter and flour together, over medium heat on the stove. Mix them up and get the butter all melted. 
  2. Add your milk. Then mix the milk and the rue until the rue is no longer chunky.
  3. Add 1 tbsp salt
  4. Add about 3-4 bags of shredded cheese (my preference is to have some cheddar, some italian, montery jack, and just having fun trying something different each time). Stir cheese in at medium heat so it doesn't melt too quickly. You want a nice thick sauce. IMPORTANT LEAVE SOME CHEESE FOR A TOP LAYER (you can use a 5th bag).
  5. Add 2 eggs. Keep stirring everything together this will make it nice and thick so you'll have more of a casserole dish them a creamy dish.
  6. Taste the mix and add garlic and salt to your liking. I know garlic is not a norm, but I love it in this dish.
  7. Put your cooked noodles in your casserole dish and then poor the cheese mix on top. Mix everything together. Put a layer of cheese on top and you're all good to go!!  
  8. Cook at 350 for about 35 minutes :) (check throughout you want a little brown but not burnt)
This is super cheesy and in no way a health food dish. I wouldn't recommend this too often or your poor little arteries will cry! Best thing about this is that it still tastes good for a few days of leftovers! 

Quick update: I'm on day 4 of eating it and I'm still loving it :) Today is the last day though lol!!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

Lil Swizzy said...

Oh, YUM YUM!!
I love Mac & Cheese, I make it from scratch too!!
I'm going to try your recipe the next time!!!

(Thanks for stopping my by blog, don't be a stranger!!!)

Unknown said...

Its so easy to make from scratch, can't believe I haven't done it before. Let me know if you try it :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I want some of that!!

Unknown said...

lol I have extra! otherwise I'd be eating it for weeks lol!

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin