Sunday, February 21, 2010

Why do we lie to each other?

I've spent a good deal of my life trying to please others and putting other people first, especially their feelings. A white lie here, a major lie there, it just seems so natural. I know I'm not alone on this, but the older I get the thought of lying just got old. I hate being lied to, and I use to always think some lies were ok to protect others. I'm not saying I'm going to completely stop protecting people by "skirting" around the truth, aka lying but I just don't think hiding stuff is worth it.

I think one of the biggest places lying comes into play unfortunately is in relationships. It starts from the beginning. If you say you'll call and don't or if you say you want to hang out again and don't. The worst is once you're in a relationships and lies about where you are start. I feel like so much time could be saved if we were more honest in relationships. I'm 27 years old, and really open to something serious and long term. There is no point to date just cause. If a guy doesn't have potential for the future then I think going our separate ways is fine. Better to have a few hurt feelings then a broken heart down the line.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin