Monday, August 12, 2013

Blogger Lounge Famous

Look I'm famous! @MsNycole & The Savvy Brunette
I have to say, I have not had so much fun at an event in awhile. The event offered up food, music, art and so much more! I met new friends, saw old friends and saw lots of handsome fellas. Also, fell in love with this adorable little dog that I wanted to kidnap. 

The Street Food Artistry staff did a wonderful job putting everything together. There was so much to do, see and experience. Weather was nice and warm almost the entire time. The sky opened up the last hour. I had been there all day so I took off at that point. 

I got to try a lot of new things at the fest. One of my favorite new things was Jerk Chicken from the Jerk food truck. For $7 you got some chicken and a piece of bread. The chicken was spicy, but I was actually able to manage my way through it. I am normally horrible with anything and everything spicy but I did it like a champ. If you'd like to give them a try you can follow them on Twitter to find out where they're parked by going here.

Friends always make everything that much more fun!





My next favorite discovery was a tie between the mustache cookies from Getta Polpetta you see to the right and a Courvoisier Gold drink. I recommend giving it a try. Very tasty. Sweet but not too sweet. They describe it as:
A first of its kind, Courvoisier Gold is a light and exquisite cognac experience that is crafted with a delicate blend of Moscato wine from the South of France and Courvoisier’s signature cognac. 

Food truck heaven.

I wish I wasn't counting calories so closely because there were so many food trucks and stands at the event and I could have gone crazy!

Here is a list so you can follow them on Twitter and try them if you can find them:
- Jerk
- Herby Pop (Had a sample...AMAZING)
- Getta Polpetta (mustache cookies!)
- Puffs of Doom

What is an event without a selfie? 

My true highlight of the evening was arriving at the Bloggers Lounge and seeing the signage which you see in a photo above. My name is on there. Yep, project make myself a brand is working. I met a lot of great bloggers and even met some Twitter pals in real life. That was a great time.

Before I go...I have to give a quick shout out to a new pal I made, George. I bombarded him with questions because I saw his fraternity letters on a hat and found out he went to Toledo which is right by BGSU and went to the same HS as my mom back in Ohio. Small world. Anyhow he is a Style Consultant for J.Hilburn this really nice custom made shirt place! I totally want to have one made. Here is his website if you're looking for some really sharp dress shirts.

#SFA2013 you rocked... #SFA2014 bring it ;) Can't wait. 
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

Be-Quoted.com said...

And this is why I must move from this very boring "city." There are no events like the one you attended. I need to figure out how to be in the know for when events like this one happens in DC - a real city within an hour and 45 minutes driving distance. Operation make yourself a brand is coming along! Good for you. I need to hop on that bandwagon!

Unknown said...

Join every Facebook group for bloggers in your area. You'll start to network and find out about stuff. I'm all about project build my brand. I need to kick it up a lot of notches though. Need to blog more and get back to tweeting more.

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin