Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weight Loss Challenge....to self!

Over the past couple of years I have started to shed some unnecessary pounds. I honestly haven't had any major gains or anything and have been about the same since my early 20s, but I realized although I love me I'd love me even better a few sizes smaller fitting into the cutest clothes lol. Last year total I lost about 18 lbs and I think that was a mix of going to the gym and eating new things that were just better. I'm not that person that can sit down and eat a bag of chips or a tub of ice cream but I am the lazy lady that will pick up fast food way too often because it is the easy thing to do. At the beginning of the year I joined Weight Watchers to get me going. So far this year I have lost 8 lbs which I am happy about but it's not nearly where I want to be. I am ready to start shedding a lot more weight.

I plan to really get back into the game and start going back to the game and totally taking fast food 100% out of my life. Also....drum roll....POP. No more pop and I need to cut down on beer. Honestly the hardest part isn't that I crave these things it is that they are EASY and I hate cooking. I told my roommate tonight that its time to step up and we need to cook together and it'll help me shed some lbs and save some money!!

What I need....EASY and AFFORDABLE recipes that don't take a lot of time but that taste good!! If you have any please share. If you've been here and succeeded share your secrets and tips. 

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

3 comments:

Ali said...

Honestly I love Rachel Ray's recipes...fast and yummy! :)

Cassie said...

Since 2008 - now, I have lost over 75lbs and was well over 200lbs. I think my biggest size was 14-16 and now I'm a size 4, all by changing my diet in small steps. It took awhile because I never had time for the gym, but I'm finally adding more exercise in my life, instead of walking a few times a day. I started with cutting out soda and incorporating more vegetables and real foods in my life. Last August, I couldn't lose that last mid section and decided to try the Paleo diet. I went from a size 8-10 to a 4 in 1.5 months. Without exercise, but strictly changing my diet, increasing my calorie intake from 1000-1200 to 2000. I now eat, breathe, and live this lifestyle. It's not my diet, but what I habitually eat. It helps with my energy level, my sinuses, and just overall quality of life. If you want to know more or ask any question, I'm on twitter. @cassiemcarter

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am the guy under the twitter handle @gudkopy. You should try <a href="http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/>the slow carb from Tim Ferriss blog</a> if you are still trying to lose weight. I have used the diet to lose weight, and if you follow it exactly as described, you WILL lose weight. It is very practical and easy to comply. I really like your authentic writing voice. I feel like an ancient man at 37 years old when you talk about being old at 29 years old, but I guess that's OK. LOL. Take care and keep you the good writing and the authenticity.

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on G+ Follow me on Linkedin